Next week, I will be attending the FDA’s Patient Representative Workshop for new patient reps. The meeting is 1.5 days of orientation and discussion, and I am eager to meet my fellow patient representatives. I will report back on the experience and share what I learn.
Other news from FDA this month:
- FDA warned consumers against taking Healthy Life Chemistry By Purity First B-50 dietary supplement because it contains unlisted anabolic steroids.
- FDA warned consumers about the risk of severe hypersensitivity skin reactions to acetaminophen. I shared my own experience of a hypersensitivity reaction earlier this month. These types of reactions can be serious and life threatening, so it’s important to seek medical care immediately if you have any symptoms.
- Comments on the FDA’s Draft Guidance to Industry on Expedited Programs for Serious Conditions are due Monday, August 26th.
- FDA is hosting a public meeting for patients, caregivers, and advocates on Demystifying FDA: An Exploration of Drug Development. The meeting is all day on September 10th in Washington, DC and it will be webcast. You do need to register in order to watch the webcast. The agenda has not been posted yet, but this should be a very educational meeting.
- The next Patient Focused Drug Development meeting is on narcolepsy and will be held September 24th. You must register by September 13th to watch the meeting via webcast.